This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
This Cheesy Sloppy Joe Dip is addictive! Pair it with homemade garlic bread and you will never try anything else! Perfect dip for any occasion!
It’s always good to have a dip recipe that you can rely on and know everyone will love it right? This is mine.
When we have parties or gatherings, the last thing I want is to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, making food for the party and stressing over it, because let’s be honest: gatherings are about having fun, right? Specially if it’s a game day! That’s why I’m going to tell you about this dip. Everyone loves it, it comes together in 30 minutes and it has everything a perfect game day dip should have, cheese, meat, and some other ingredients that make it an awesome dip!
So basically what we have here is layers of goodness. We start with a layer of cream cheese (I used low-fat), a layer of refried beans, a layer of “super fast” caramelized onion (I’m going to tell you how to make it!), a layer of delicious Sloppy Joe, and, to finish it with perfection, a layer of shredded cheddar cheese and green onion. To make it easy, stress-free and time saving, I used Rosarita® refried beans and MANWHICH® Sloppy Joe sauce and then served it with fresh bread that I turned into garlic bread.
All the ingredients you need to make this cheesy sloppy joe are in top left photo. See? With a handful of canned goods and fresh ingredients, you can make such delicious food! Knowing a couple of hacks makes it even easier and better! And that’s what we all need for game days, right? We don’t want to stay in the kitchen for hours when our favorite teams are playing!
“Cheesy Sloppy joe dip comes together in no time!”
You see how caramelized that onion layer is? I made that in 5 minutes! Here is the hack: when you add the diced onion into the pan, add a pinch of baking soda (not more than 1/8 tsp) and stir until it reaches the satisfying color. That’s it! You will have soft, sweet caramelized onion in no time!
Super easy and delicious, right?
Now, what about the garlic bread to serve with this cheesy sloppy joe dip? Again, easy. In a small bowl, mix some minced garlic and olive oil, slice fresh bread, brush the infused oil on both sides and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flip halfway. To get more crunch, broil for the last two minutes.
And that’s it! So, you first start with the bread. As the bread is toasting in the oven, you make the dip, you take the bread out, put the dip in the oven for 15 minutes and Voila! Deliciousness in 30 minutes!
Be sure to check out more recipes here. Tell me, what’s your favorite game day food?
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ big onion, diced
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¾ lb ground beef
- ½ can MANWICH® Sloppy Joe sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I used low-fat)
- ½ can Rosarita® refried beans
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix olive oil and minced garlic.
- Slice the bread, brush both sides with olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flip halfway through. Broil for the last two minutes to get more crunch.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and baking soda, stir continuously until caramelized. Put the onion in a plate and add the meat to the same pan.
- Brown the meat and then add MANWICH® Sloppy Joe sauce, cook for about 3 minutes.
- In an oven safe shallow dish, spread the cream cheese, spread Rosarita® refried beans on cream cheese and then add caramelized onion.
- Add sloppy joe to the top and add the jalapenos.
- Cover with shredded cheddar cheese and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Garnish with green onion.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
You can find all the ingredients at Walmart (in the fresh bakery and sauce aisles).