Molten Chocolate Lava Cake is such a delicious classic! It’s moist and so chocolaty and when you cut into it, luscious chocolate oozes out!
Chocolate is the key to happiness. There. I said it!
I mean, look at this. Look at that ooey gooey chocolate oozing out calling your name. Who can say no?
Remember when I told you how we are going to celebrate V-day? Molten chocolate lava cake is going to be our dessert. It’s easy, classic and unbelievably delicious. Most importantly, it’s my favorite! If I could have 4 of them myself, I would. But oh well, health reasons. Why do calories exist, really?
More Chocolate Deliciousness for you:
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Brownie Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Double Chocolate Walnut Skillet Brownie
- Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Dump Cake
- Surprise Snickers Stuffed Brownies
Molten chocolate lava cake may come as a difficult, fancy dessert but if you follow the steps carefully, this will become your “go to” cake recipe as it’s ready in 13 minutes and we all know that no chocolate craving will vanish after 13 minutes!
And you know what else is awesome about this molten chocolate lava cake? You can easily reheat it in the microwave and still have the gooey runny chocolate center! When it’s possible to make such fantastic key of happiness at home, why bother getting a frozen one? I mean, do you like frozen happiness? No one likes frozen happiness. Unless it’s frozen yogurt, but then that’s joy, which is different from happiness. Don’t judge me, I’m in a chocolate coma.
Tools used in Molten Chocolate Lava Cake recipe:
What is your favorite chocolate dessert?
This post contains affiliate links.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake is such a delicious classic! It's moist and so chocolaty and when you cut into it, luscious chocolate oozes out!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate (I used baking chocolate)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat 2 ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix completely.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir until incorporated.
- Divide between the ramekins and bake for 13 minutes until firm on the edges and jiggly in the center.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, loosen the cake from the edges and invert it onto a serving plate.
- Top with some powdered sugar.
Like What you see? Take a look at these!