Why have this all time favorite meal outside when you can make it super delicious at home? You can’t have just one bite of this scrumptious juicy mushroom and onion stuffed cheeseburger!
Because we all know homemade is always better, right?
Who doesn’t like burgers? Me? I’m so picky about burgers. I barely eat them outside because I like them thick and juicy but mostly because what they sell out there is flat and rubbery. No thank you. We like our burgers homemade!
Why am I so crazy about homemade burgers? The first and most important reason is that I know what kind of beef is used in it. I know it’s 100% beef and nothing weird is added to my burger. I know it’s super lean with the least amount of fat and I know what spices are used. The best part? I stuff my burgers and make mushroom and onion stuffed cheeseburger!
I made these mushroom and onion stuffed burgers quite small as there are two layers of patties. I also used Kashar cheese, a type of Turkish cheese that melts really well and has a mild pleasant taste – but you can use any type of melting cheese you like. As for the side, we had oven roasted potatoes with barbecue sauce.
Making these mushroom and onion stuffed burgers might be a little bit time consuming but it’s totally worth it! You will love these super juicy and mouth watering homemade burgers!
Why have this all time favorite meal outside when you can make it super delicious at home? You can't have just one bite of this scrumptious juicy mushroom and onion stuffed cheeseburger!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 lb ground beef (as lean as possible)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 sliced Kashar Cheese (or mozzarella or any other melting cheese)
- 1+2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes
- Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise if desired
- 4 burger buns
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper very well, knead it for 2-3 minutes until sticky and firm.
- Saute mushroom and onion in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Divide ground meat into 8 patties.
- Top 4 patties with mushroom,onion and a slice of cheese.
- Top with the remaining 4 patties, using your fingers seam the edges.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan and cook each side of the burger for 4-5 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers to your desire using the buns, tomatoes, lettuce and condiments.
Looking for more deliciousness? Check these out!