All the ingredients for a perfect cookie are here! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie has it all plus a layer of chocolate peanut butter in the middle to make it heaven!
All right, It’s been six and half month since I first started blogging. Every month something new came up and I learn more as time goes by. What do I love the most about blogging? Making new friends that have the same interest and love for food as I do.
Moving to a new country and starting a new path in life is not easy for anyone and it wasn’t for me either. I got very lucky that I attended a food bloggers’ conference right after I started blogging and made many friends there. The best part is that many of the bloggers I met live in the same city as I did and I ended up meeting some of them again. My friend Rachel who blogs at Bakerita is one of the amazing friends I made through food blogging and we had a great time baking this peanut butter chocolate chunk skillet cookie together.
That’s what I love about friends who bake, cook and blog. It’s a great type of friendship, full of help, kindness, laughter and hard work. You can talk about your good and bad days, ask for and give advice, try new things, and make sure everything goes right. As did this skillet cookie, it just couldn’t get any better!
I hadn’t made a skillet cookie before and this was a wonderful experience and now I know why everyone is crazy about skillet cookies: They’re deep, crispy around the edges (lots of edges by the way!), and creamy and gooey in the middle! I mean, what’s not to love about it?
Rachel had some chocolate peanut butter in her pantry so to make things more interesting, we put it between the two layers of chocolate chunk cookie dough which already had some peanut butter in it. So, I’m telling you, if you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter combo, this peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie skillet is for you!
All I can say is that this skillet cookie will be your most favorite. It has all the good stuff a cookie should have and once you top it with ice cream, it’s like heaven in a skillet topped with some caramel sauce because why not? And when you dig in with a spoon, and have all the goodness in one bite, you will understand why I say this skillet cookie is so mind blowing!
You know how it can taste even better? When it’s shared with a wonderful friend!
You can check my friend Rachel’s post here!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup AP flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (We used chocolate Chunks)
- ¼ cup chocolate peanut butter (Or regular peanut butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a cast iron skillet with non stick spray.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, peanut butter and egg. Mix until fully combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and add it to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Spread half of cookie dough at the bottom of the skillet. Top with chocolate peanut butter (or regular peanut butter) leave half an inch from the edges.
- Spread the rest of cookie dough on peanut butter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve Warm.
You will love these!