Chicken thighs baked in sweet and savory marinade and is served on white rice to make a complete meal! Pomegranate Pineapple chicken is perfect for parties or just a casual meal!
It doesn’t have to be fried all the time, you know? Though I can’t even remember the last time I had fried chicken…
We definitely eat more chicken than beef because we like it better and it’s healthier. Also I prefer lamb to beef but it’s not very easy to find lamb in every supermarket. That’s why we are trying to come up with new ways of making chicken so we can keep the diversity. We are not one of those couples who keep eating the same thing unless it’s my maman’s food because my maman’s food is so good, I just can’t stop eating it.
This pomegranate pineapple chicken was made on a day that we had lots of chicken thighs and well, we don’t deep fry stuff at home (health reasons and none of us likes the mess). And we were in a pomegranate craze phase which was the same time as I made these 4-ingredient Parfaits and these Coconut Pomegranate Cupcakes. It was also inspired by my friend Sheena from Tea and Biscuits.
So we had already tried two pomegranate desserts and only one pomegranate savory dish which was this festive and uber delicious Stuffed Fish with Pomegranates and Walnuts. After looking in the pantry and thinking about our family’s favorite flavors, I made this pomegranate pineapple chicken which has like 3-5 steps and results in such delicious and tasty dish that everyone in our family couldn’t stop saying “Oh, this is so good!”.
Mixing different ingredients can result in unbelievably delicious meals or a disastrous pile of food that you wish you wouldn’t have made. I have experience in both fields an after many trials and errors, I have figured out what tastes work best for us and what doesn’t. I’m sure you also know your family’s favorite tastes and flavors! Please tell me about them!
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 can pineapple, juice and fruit pieces separated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, ketchup, honey and pineapple juice in a sauce pan, cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes until flavors are fully combined.
- Lightly coat an oven safe dish with non stick spray and spread the onion slices at the bottom of the dish.
- Place the chicken thighs (skin side down) on top of the onion slices and pour the sauce on them.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, flip the chicken thighs and pour some sauce on them.
- Bake for another 25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. pour the sauce again.
- Serve hot with white rice.