Turn an everyday meal into a delicious feast. Slow Cooker Mango BBQ meatballs are delicious meatballs smothered in a flavorful sauce which makes them perfectly sweet and tangy!
I like using fruit as an ingredient for main dishes. What about you?
Three or four years ago, if you told me that fruit actually tastes good in meaty dishes, I would have nodded my head, saying na-ah, it doesn’t and don’t even make me try it because the furthest I will go with fruit in my food is either Fesenjan (Persian pomegranate walnut stew) or Albaloo Polo (Persian sour cherry mixed rice, which you can find in my cookbook) and that’s it.
Little did I know that there are dishes out there, such as orange roasted chicken or pomegranate pineapple chicken that will steal my heart with their aroma, color and flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links.
And here is my new obsession: slow cooker mango BBQ meatballs. The combination of flavors is just right. They are very savory and slightly sweet, made with delicious mangoes and your favorite barbecue sauce.
More Meatball Recipes For You:
- Eggplant Sumac Meatballs with Saffron Rice
- Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Juicy One Pan Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
- Healthy Turkey Barbecue Meatballs
I love meatballs in general for their versatility. You can make them in one pan, with different sauces (honey sriracha is one of my favorites), or even turn them into curry. These are also my favorite! You can also just brown them and mix them with some sauce and cook them in the slow cooker as I’ve done here with these slow cooker mango BBQ meatballs. Another thing that I like about meatballs is that you can freeze the uncooked extras easily and use them whenever you like.
Tools and ingredients to make these Slow Cooker Mango BBQ Meatballs:
I suggest that you use ground beef that is not very lean because the leaner your ground beef, the harder the meatballs will be. I like to have these slow cooker mango BBQ meatballs plain but you can have them with potatoes, rice or in a sub!
15 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bbq sauce (your favorite)
- 3 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl until completely combined. Make the meatballs and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Set the browned meatballs aside.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Pour half of the sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. place the meatballs on the sauce, pour the rest of the sauce on the meatballs, cover and cook for 2.5 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Serve warm.