Coffee milkshake is every adult’s favorite milkshake. Made with real coffee and ice cream, this delicious homemade milkshake is perfect for summer.
We can’t have enough milkshake around here and are adding new ones every now and then. From classics such as vanilla milkshake to more flavored ones like cookies and cream milkshake and coconut milkshake for chocolate lovers, we have all the milkshake you need!
It’s milkshake season!
We are here with another milkshake recipe and this one is an absolute favorite! This coffee milkshake recipe is an absolute favorite of ours. It has so much flavor and is totally and adult friendly milkshake. A good milkshake is made with good ice cream so it’s important that you get real ice cream when it comes to making milkshakes.
A delicious and creamy milkshake like this one is what I need during hot summer months and nothing can beat this milkshake. This coffee flavored milkshake is made with real coffee and trust me, one glass is not going to be enough.
Ingredients to make this milkshake
To make a delicious milkshake with coffee, you need some brewed coffee, vanilla ice cream, a little bit of cocoa powder and some ice, if you like your milkshake to be frothy. I love topping milkshakes with whipped cream but this is a totally optional step.
We get a lot of questions about ice cream and if you can make milkshake without ice cream. The answer is yes, you can make milkshake without ice cream using frozen yogurt, but the texture will not be exactly the same since frozen yogurt’s consistency is different from ice cream.
Can I use cold brew coffee?
Yes! You can easily use cold brew coffee for this recipe. You can make homemade cold brew (check out the recipe on Food52) or you can get it at a supermarket. As for the flavor, using cold brew would make your milkshake stronger in flavor.
How to make coffee milkshake
Make sure the ice cream is cold. Place the ice cream, cold coffee, ice (if using) and cocoa powder in a blender jar. Seal the lid and blend until creamy and combined. Divide between glasses and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Can I use coffee ice cream in this milkshake recipe?
Absolutely. If you like your milkshake strong, then use coffee ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream in this homemade coffee milkshake recipe. Coffee ice cream can make your milkshake have a stronger taste compared to when it’s made with vanilla ice cream.
Can I make milkshake ahead of time?
Milkshake doesn’t stay well in the fridge as the ice cream starts to melt right away. Therefore it’s best to serve it right away or make it right before serving it. It’s important to make sure that the ice cream and the milk are both cold.
Looking for more milkshake recipes?
- Caramel milkshake which you can make with homemade or store-bought caramel sauce.
- Banana milkshake is one of my absolute favorites. So simple and tasty with a hint of cinnamon.
- Strawberry milkshake made with real and fresh strawberries.
- Peanut butter chocolate milkshake we all know this is one of the best combos out there!
- Mango milkshake with a bit of cardamom. This one is so good in summer!
- Nutella Milkshake
Can I use instant coffee to make this shake?
Yes. You can either add it directly to the blender with the other ingredients or mix it in some water before adding it to the other ingredients.
Using almond milk to make milkshake recipe
Almond milk makes good milkshake because of its creamy texture. Simply go with a 1:1 ratio and use almond milk instead of dairy milk. You can also use cashew or coconut milk if desired.
Other flavors for this milkshake
There are different variations to this tasty milkshake and here are some of the most popular ones:
- Coffee banana milkshake: Add one banana to this recipe.
- Chocolate coffee milkshake: Add 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce to the milkshake before blending.
- Nutella coffee milkshake: Use 1 tablespoon Nutella with the ice cream in the blender.
Best Ever Coffee Milkshake
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee cold
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ice optional
- whipped cream to top
- Place the ice cream, coffee, cocoa powder and ice in a blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds until all is well combined and creamy.
- Divide between two glasses and top with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use coffee ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream for this recipe.
- Almond or cashew milk would work in this recipe as well.
- You can use cold brew coffee instead of regular coffee.