This Breakfast Pizza Recipe is a keeper: it’s made with only five ingredients and can be ready in less than 25 minutes. With a golden egg on top, this is the perfect option for brunch, too!
Pizza for breakfast? Yes, please! A quick breakfast with a shiny egg on top and runny yolk is just too hard to resist. Especially when it’s so simple to put it together!
Eggs and sausage is a breakfast staple in many families and we like the combination, too. We also love to kick it up a notch and turn it into a pizza because everything is ten times better when it’s on a piece of bread with cheese, am I right?
What makes this breakfast pizza recipe different from the others?
This is a simple and quick pizza for breakfast that calls for just a few ingredients. It’s made with naan which will save you time (because nobody has time to knead a pizza dough at 7:00 A.M, right?) and it tastes great! Naan is perfectly sized for one person and goes so well with sausage and eggs. It’s a winning combo that you don’t want to pass up.
I used Premio Hot and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage for this recipe. I simply love their chicken sausage and this hot and spicy one is the perfect sausage to use for this homemade breakfast pizza. It brings a nice spiciness to the dish while having 60% less fat than pork or beef sausage. What’s important to us is that these sausages are natural, MSG free and and have no preservatives, which makes them a great choice for breakfast.
How to make Breakfast Pizza with Sausage
Start with preheating the oven to 375° F and then brown the chicken sausage in a pan, which will take about seven to ten minutes. Then place the naan pieces on a baking sheet, brush them lightly with some olive oil and top them with browned sausage and make a well in the middle for the eggs.
Break one egg in a small bowl and transfer it to the well you created in the middle. Repeat with the remaining eggs and then top the pizzas with shredded mozzarella cheese – the more the merrier!
Bake the pizzas in the oven for about 10 to 15 minute, then serve warm and enjoy the runny yolk!
To make this even quicker than what it already is, you can bake the pizzas without the eggs and as the pizzas are baking in the oven, fry the eggs and serve one each on each pizza. It can’t get any easier!
Want to jazz things up in this Breakfast Pizza Recipe?
- Add some mushrooms to the toppings for more flavor.
- Use a combination of shredded mozzarella and cheddar.
- Adding some marinara sauce would go well with the sausage.
- Top the pizzas with basil for some freshness.
This breakfast pizza recipe is perfect for families especially if you’re planning to have a large gathering. You can have a pizza making station and everyone can make their pizzas with the toppings of their choice. If you have a large oven, you can make a large batch of these breakfast pizzas in no time!
Food can always brings so much happiness to your gatherings and make them so much more fun! I love throwing brunch parties and these exciting, easy pizzas will definitely be on the menu next time!
Notes and tips for this Breakfast Pizza Recipe:
- You can fry the eggs separately and top the pizza only with sausage and cheese. Once the breakfast pizzas are ready, top them with fried eggs.
- Take the eggs out of the fridge right before using them on the pizza so the whites are firmer and easier to place.
- If you like firm egg yolks, bake the pizzas for 17 minutes, and if you like them runny, bake them for 12 minutes.
- Wrap the leftovers in a plastic wrap and and refrigerate for up to two days. To reheat, unwrap the breakfast pizzas and place them on a baking sheet, heat in the oven at 200F for ten to twelve minutes.
- These breakfast pizzas are best served warm and right out of the oven. You can prepare them ahead of time and just top them with the eggs right before baking.
More Pizza Recipes:
- Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- Italian Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce
- Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza
This easy breakfast pizza comes together in only 25 minutes and will make everyone super excited for breakfast. I love these for weekend breakfast and brunch, but honestly you can just have them any day of the week!
Thanks to my friends at Premio Foods for sponsoring this post. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Make this Breakfast Pizza Recipe in no time using naan and only three ingredients! All done and ready in less than thirty minutes, perfect for a brunch party!
- 14 oz Premio Foods Hot and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
- 6 pieces Naan
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Place a skillet over medium heat.
Once the skillet is hot, brown the hot and spicy Italian chicken sausage and break it while cooking.
Once cooked, set the sausage aside.
Place 3 pieces of naan on a baking sheet. Brush them lightly with olive oil.
Top with cooked sausage and leave some space in the middle for the eggs.
Break an egg in a small bowl and carefully transfer it on to the naan.
Repeat the steps with the remaining naan, sausage and eggs.
Top the pizzas with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!