Carrot Orange Refresher is perfect for your warm summer days. Make a batch and enjoy it for a long time with ice and drops of lemon juice!
I would like to call this one an "accidental recipe".
A couple of months ago, I was making a big batch of Persian Jeweled Rice (Recipe is in my Cookbook) and a step for that recipe is to cook julienned carrots and thin orange peel in a syrup to have sweet and soft and use them later as the filling for the rice. That's how this carrot orange refresher came to life and is now here for you to enjoy!
By the way, let me know if you like me to make a video for Persian jeweled rice!
Usually I use this syrup for the filling of the jeweled rice, that's what makes my jeweled rice exceptional and make people devour over it. This time, I had some extra syrup so I thought to myself "I might try it with some water and ice. After all, it's a hot day and I deserve a refresher." And I was hooked!
Some more refresher and cold drink recipes for you:
- Persian Cinnamon Mint Refresher
- Persian Saffron Milkshake
- Banana Peanut Butter Coco Puff Milkshake
- Three layered Smoothie
The best thing about this carrot orange summer drink is that you can make a big batch and enjoy it for a long time.I also love to have this orange carrot refresher with some drops of lemon to make it just a little bit tangy. I bet this carrot orange drink will be awesome to have in your hand when spending your time next to the pool in summer!
Notes and tips to make carrot orange refresher:
- Store the carrots and oranges in a Tupperware after your syrup is ready and use them later in morning oatmeal, parfaits or even on ice cream.
- The amount of syrup used in each serving completely depends on how sweet you like your drink to be. Start with 2-3 tablespoons and add more if needed.
- Use sparkling water for some fizz, it's actually really good!
- Store the syrup in a bottle in the fridge up to two weeks.
Make sure to let us know how you like it! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
Carrot Orange Refresher
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges
- 2 carrots peeled and cut julienne
- Ice and Water
- Peel the orange and cut the orange peel into very thin strips. Make sure not use any of the white parts.
- Wash the sliced orange peel with cold water 3 times. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Pour the water and sugar in a pot and bring it to boil over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Add in sliced orange peel and carrots. Stir gently and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the orange peel and carrots out of the syrup and set them aside. You can use them on oatmeal or even ice cream, they taste fantastic!
- Pour 4-5 tablespoon of the syrup in a glass and top with ice and water. Stir and serve cold.
Leave a Reply