This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is THE BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE you've ever tried! The moist banana bread is perfect for any time of the day!
Here is the deal: I always, always crave banana bread. Whether it's summer or winter, I always crave this delicious treat. We love any variation of banana bread such as my banana chocolate chunk bread with a secret ingredient, Double Chocolate Banana Bread and healthy pumpkin banana bread. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe has become a favorite as well, and I can't stop dreaming about it!
While you might love a classic sour cream banana bread, this chocolate chip banana bread is also a great options when you crave chocolate.
What makes this the best chocolate chip banana bread?
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is a winner because it's moist, it has extra flavor thanks to the chocolate chips and it's so easy to modify it according to your preference.
Chocolate chip banana bread ingredients
To make this moist chocolate chip banana bread, you need bananas, sugar, eggs, butter, flour, baking powder, buttermilk and chocolate chips. You can use semi sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips depending on what you prefer.
Can a banana be too ripe for banana bread?
You can use very ripe bananas to make a moist banana bread as they are very sweet and make the banana bread really delicious. If the bananas have dark spots, they can still be used to make a delicious banana bread.
Check out Epicurious to read about four secrets to the best banana bread you've ever had.
The best chocolate chip banana bread recipe
Start with mixing the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Then mix melted butter, sugar and eggs. Add in mashed bananas, buttermilk and cinnamon. Finish with the flour mixture and chocolate chips. Make sure you don't over mix the batter.
Pour the banana bread batter into the 9X5 loaf pan and bake for forty five minutes to an hour, until very few crumbs are on the toothpick inserted into the bread. Leave choc chip banana bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer it onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing.
Can I freeze chocolate chip banana bread?
Absolutely. Simply slice the banana bread and place them in a single layer in a ziploc bag. To thaw, place the banana slices on a plate and leave them in the fridge overnight. You can also heat them in the microwave or oven for some minutes and they'll look as if they've just come out of the oven!
How can I have moist banana bread?
- Use over ripe bananas.
- Use melted butter or vegetable oil instead of solid butter.
- Using buttermilk also makes the your banana bread moist and tasty.
This easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is perfect for all those ripe and over ripe bananas that are sitting in your kitchen. It's one of our favorite breakfast recipes that we love to make any day of the week.
More Banana Bread Recipes:
- Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Moist Zucchini Banana Bread
- Coconut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Want to jazz up things in this easy banana bread?
You can add so many fixings to this banana chocolate chip recipe such as:
- Walnuts, for more crunch!
- Peanut butter chips for a delicious flavor addition.
- Toffee chips, bet we all love this!
- Shredded coconut for a tropical twist
- White chocolate chips, more chocolate is always better.
- Nutmeg, a great companion for cinnamon.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter see note #1
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 banana very ripe
- ⅓ cup buttermilk see note #2
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9X5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar until light and sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mash the bananas and add them to the eggs. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Add in buttermilk and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs and banana mixture. Mix using a spatula until no flour lumps is visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top with the back of a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool down for 30 minutes before slicing.
- You can use ½ cup vegetable oil instead of melted butter.
- For one cup buttermilk, mix 1 cup milk with 2 tablespoon white vinegar. You can also use Greek yogurt or sour cream instead.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!