This recipe for juicy one pan meatballs is easy and has only a few ingredients. It’s perfect for weeknights and can be served with rice, bread, pasta, or roasted potatoes!
This is the ultimate comfort food: easy, simple and full of flavor!
I love food that’s made with ground beef. It’s easy and quick to make and there are many ways to use ground beef like this cheesy sloppy Joe dip or mushroom and onion stuffed cheeseburgers. I mean, who doesn’t like a juicy burger? Or juicy meatballs?
Though my all time favorite is Kabab Tabe i – Persian Pan Kebab, I would easily say that these juicy one pan meatballs are totally a family favorite. I was not a big meatball fan specially after the time that I made them on a sad, lonely night when we were living in Istanbul and Kyle had to go back to the U.S for a conference. As I was not happy at all that night, I didn’t give any love to the dinner I was making, and they turned out to be ugly, soggy, and very sad meatballs and that was the time I decided not to make them ever again. Until THIS happened. I thought to myself, “I have to give another chance to meatballs, everyone likes them and there must be a way to make this delicious!”
So I started with the technique that I learned from my mom, grating an onion and discarding the excess water. This step is magic! Then I added my favorite spices and also pomegranate molasses because it just makes everything taste better. To make it juicier, I used sourdough bread soaked in milk which gives the meatballs a very good texture.
To make the sauce, in addition to tomato paste, I also used roasted red pepper paste. If you cannot find it, simply blend some roasted red pepper and use it to make these super delicious, irresistible juicy one pan meatballs! And, of course, top these babies with some good melting cheese and you have the whole deal!
Our favorite part? Having the sauce left at the bottom of the pan with a little slice of bread! Oh my!
Juicy One Pan Meatballs
- 2 slices sourdough bread preferably stale
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 big yellow onion grated, excess water discarded
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp roasted red pepper paste
- 3-4 cups water
- 6-7 slices melting cheese like mozzarella
- Soak sourdough slices in milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix ground beef, grated onion, garlic, fresh ginger, salt, pomegranate molasses and dried thyme with your hands until fully combined.
- Add soaked sourdough slices to ground beef mixture and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour olive oil in a large pan and start making the meatballs. They should be as big as a walnut. Place all the meatballs in the pan.
- Turn the heat on and cook the meatballs for 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Take the meatballs out and add tomato paste and pepper paste to the pan. Stir for a minutes until the color is bright red.
- Add water and bring it to simmer. Add meatballs to the sauce and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put melting cheese on top, cover and let it simmer for another minute until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with rice, bread or potatoes.
Recipes From Friends
Looking for more deliciousness?