Turkish Bulgur Salad (Kisir) with Video
An easy bulgur salad recipe that's made with bulgur wheat, herbs and olive oil. This Turkish bulgur salad is a great addition to any table.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sweet pepper paste see notes
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Place bulgur in a large bowl and pour the boiling water on it. Stir well. Cover with a lid or a plate and let it sit for about 25 to 30 minutes until cooked.
Once the bulgur is cooked and cooled, fluff it using a fork.
To the bulgur, add tomato paste, pepper paste and pomegranate molasses. Stir well so all bulgur grains are combined.
Add in chopped green onion, parsley and mint to the bulgur. Mix well.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- You can use tomato paste instead of sweet pepper paste. Find sweet pepper paste at Middle Eastern, Mediterranean or Turkish shops.
- Make sure the bulgur you're using for this recipe is fine and not coarse.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 6 days.