Pomegranate Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Pomegranate Pineapple chicken is the perfect dinner. Juicy chicken cooked in a pomegranate pineapple marinade is very delicious.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 can pineapple juice and fruit pieces separated
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 garlic gloves minced
- 1 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Mix pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, ketchup, honey and pineapple juice in a sauce pan, cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes until flavors are fully combined.
Lightly coat an oven safe dish with non stick spray and spread the onion slices at the bottom of the dish.
Place the chicken thighs (skin side down) on top of the onion slices and pour the sauce on them.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, flip the chicken thighs and pour some sauce on them.
Bake for another 25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. pour the sauce again.
Serve hot with white rice.
- For more flavor, sear the chicken thighs for about 5 minutes on each side before adding them to the sauce.
- You can marinade the chicken ahead of time and then bake it in the oven. This won't require sauteing.
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Cooking time may vary.
- Instant pot pineapple chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the instant pot and press "saute" function. Cook the chicken thighs in the instant pot for about 4 minutes on each side and set aside. Add all the ingredients for the pineapple sauce to the instant pot and cook using the saute function for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken thighs, onion and garlic to the instant pot. Lock the lid and use the "pressure cook" function and set the timer for 10 minutes. Do a natural release for 5 minutes and then a quick release.
- Slow cooker pineapple chicken recipe: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs on both sides until it's golden brown, about 10 minutes total. Make the pineapple sauce as instructed and transfer the chicken thighs, onion, garlic and the pineapple sauce to the slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.