Persian Saffron Milkshake
Take a delicious trip to Iran with this Persian Saffron Milkshake that tastes like traditional Iranian ice cream without the hassle!
Servings: 2 Glasses
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp bloomed saffron See Note#1
- A pinch of ground cardamom See Note #2
- 1 tbsp rosewater See Note #2
- Check out my post on how to bloom saffron.
- You can find rose water and rose water on amazon (Affiliate).
- You can use any type of vanilla ice cream, or even vanilla frozen yogurt. If using frozen yogurt, leave out the milk.
- You can also use any type of milk including almond or soy milk for this recipe, as long as it's not flavored.
- There is no substitute for saffron in this milkshake recipe.
- Garnish the saffron milkshakes with dried edible rosebuds.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Calcium: 222mg