Persian Spinach and Eggs - Nargesi
Persian Spinach and Eggs - Nargesi is an easy dish, very nutritious and made in one pan and in no time! Full of great flavors and spices, delicious indeed!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
Add spinach and saute until cooked.
Add turmeric, salt and pepper.
Break the egg into the pan and cover until cooked and the yolk is still soft.
Serve hot with bread and possibly plain yogurt.
- Make sure the spinach is clean. If using larger spinach leaves, cut them into smaller chunks.
- If you're worried about burning the spinach or the onions, you can saute spinach first with some olive oil, set it aside and then saute the onion and garlic until golden. Then add in the cooked spinach and stir for a few seconds, add the egg and cook.
- Spinach is packed with nutrients and pairing it with eggs makes it into a healthy and nutritious meal that you can have any time of the day. Read more about spinach and its benefits on BBC Good Food.
- You can easily make this spinach and eggs recipe for a crowd. Use 1 1/2 to 2 cups of spinach and one or two eggs per person. The more onions and garlic you use, the more flavorful nargesi will be.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4457IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 3mg