Krumkake - Norwegian Holiday Cookies
Krumkake is a delicate Norwegian cookie that is made through generations. It's decadent, delicious and worth every minute spent making it!
Servings: 25 -30
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup 12 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp cold water We ended up adding 2-3 more tbsp, so 5-6 tbsp cold water in total
- 1 1/2 cup unsifted flour
Beat eggs and sugar with mixer for 5 minutes until creamy and light.
Add melted butter, water and mix again.
Add flour and mix until fully combined.
Put the Krumkake iron over medium heat and let it get hot.
Open the iron and coat it with non-stick spray.
Pour one tbsp of the batter on the iron and close the iron. Let it cook for 35 seconds and then turn so the other side cooks for another 35 seconds too. Do not open the iron.
Take the iron off the heat, open it and take the krumkake out of the pan, roll immediately as it dries right away.
Repeat the steps again until all the cookies are ready. Coat the iron every time before pouring the batter.
- The cooking time varies depending on the stove. It can be something between 35-45 second on each side.
- A good krumkake has the color seen in the photos, bright brown.
- Make sure to coat the krumkake iron with non stick spray.