Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Make these Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps to enjoy a light meal with some heat and cool it down with a refreshing avocado cabbage topping!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Sriracha lime shrimp
- 2 limes juice of
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 16 large shrimps
Avocado cabbage slaw
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- iceberg lettuce leaves To serve
In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cornstarch and sriracha. Pour the mixture in a pan and place the pan over medium heat until the mixture is warm and starts simmering.
Add in jumbo shrimps and cook for 5-8 minutes until fully cooked. Stir constantly so all the shrimps are covers with the sauce.
Make the avocado cabbage slaw by mixing cubed avocado, chopped onion, sliced red cabbage, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
Make lettuce wrap by placing cooked shrimp in the lettuce and top with the slaw. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to use raw shrimp for this recipe and cook it in the sriracha lime sauce. If using frozen cooked shrimp, the shrimp will become rubbery after it's cooked.
- You can use romaine, butter or iceberg lettuce for this recipe.
- This recipe is best served fresh.