Quick Korean Beef
Korean beef and rice is a family favorite that comes together in less than 20 minutes and tastes better than take out. Enjoy ground beef browned to perfection with a delicious homemade sauce!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef I used 93% lean
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, pepper flakes, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and corn starch. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute ground beef until brown and no pink left. Add the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the rice.
Serve cooked Korean beef over Jasmine rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- The key to make a delicious Korean beef is making a good sauce. Please taste the sauce to make sure it has enough flavor.
- If you like this dish saltier, add one more tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Use lean ground beef for this recipe if available. If the ground beef has a fat content higher than 7%, please discard the rendered fat after browning the beef.
- Fresh garlic and fresh ginger always bring more flavor to dishes like this. If you don't have fresh ingredients, use powdered garlic and ginger to your taste.
- You can leave the sugar out and use two tablespoons honey instead.
- What makes this dish super tasty is perfectly browned beef, so please don't skip this step and brown it all the way through (but make sure it's not dry!).
- Feeding a crowd? You can double and triple this recipe easily to feed more people.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 774mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg