Quick Korean Beef
This Korean Beef is so easy and quick to make. It's always a favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef I used 93% lean
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, pepper flakes, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and corn starch. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute ground beef until brown and no pink left. Add the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the rice.
Serve cooked Korean beef over Jasmine rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- You can easily double and triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
- The key to make a delicious Korean beef is making a good sauce. Please taste the sauce to make sure it has enough flavor.
- If you like this dish saltier, add one more tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Please use lean ground beef for this recipe. If the ground beef has a fat content higher than 7%, please discard the rendered fat after browning the beef.