Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
This slow cooker turkey breast recipe is simple method that will always give you juicy and moist turkey breast with minimal preparation. It's perfect for Thanksgiving and the holidays!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 12 sevings
- 1/2 Turkey Breast 4-5 lbs
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Dried Tarragon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 heads Garlic Cut in half
- 2 Carrots Cut into Pieces
- 2 Onions Cut in half
- 3 Stalks Celery Cut into pieces
Pat Dry the turkey breast, set aside.
Mix onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried tarragon, cumin, fresh thyme and turmeric in a bowl. Then add in olive oil and mix so it forms a paste.
Rub the paste all over the turkey breast and under the skin.
Place garlic, onions, carrots and celery at the bottom of the slow cooker, place the turkey on the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until the internal temperature registers at 165F.
Let the turkey sit for 20 minutes and then slice and serve.
- Make sure the turkey breast fits in the slow cooker. This recipe is calling for a 6Qt slow cooker and a 4-5lb turkey breast will fit in that.
- It's best to use bone-on skin-on turkey breast for this recipe.
- If you like crispy skin, place the turkey breast on a baking sheet after it's cooked and place it under the broiler. Broil for about 7-8 minutes until the skin is crispy.