Sour Cream Banana Cream Recipe
Learn how to make sour cream banana bread that's moist and absolutely delicious. This easy banana bread is perfect for breakfast or a midday snack.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas ripe and mashed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9X5 loaf with a non stick pan and line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar together until fully combined.
Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition.
Add in mashed bananas and whisk well.
Add in cinnamon and sour cream. Mix with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
Add in baking powder, baking soda and all purpose flour. Mix until the dry ingredients are combined with the wet ingredients but don't over mix.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the banana bread, if it comes out with little to no crumbs, then it's ready but if it comes out with batter then it needs to bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.
Let the bread cool completely and then slice and serve.
- Make sure the bananas are completely ripe for this easy banana bread recipe. Check out Just a Taste's tutorial to learn how to quickly ripen bananas.
- To make sure the banana bread is completely baked, insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread, if it comes out with little to no crumbs, then it's fully baked, but if it's doughy in the middle, let it bake for another ten to fifteen minutes.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. This helps ingredients mix better.
- Make sure the banana bread is completely cool before slicing, otherwise it will fall apart.
- You can toast banana bread slices and spread some almond butter on them for breakfast.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg