Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
Mediterranean pizza is the ultimate easy fresh family dinner that everyone will devour. This is a delicious homemade pizza recipe with different Mediterranean toppings that would knock your socks off!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 12-inch pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil optional
- 1 can artichoke hearts 15 oz
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F. IF you're using a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
On a baking sheet or a pizza peel, roll out the pizza dough to 12 inches.
Spread olive oil on the dough and sprinkle salt, thyme, black pepper and dried basil on the pizza dough.
Top the pizza dough with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, red onion and fresh mozzarella.
Transfer the pizza onto the pizza stone (if using) and bake in the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with fresh tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- You can spread some hummus on the pizza dough before adding the toppings if you would like to make it creamier.
- Other additions to this pizza are sliced zucchini or eggplants, bell peppers, spinach or feta cheese.