The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are chewy and incredibly soft. These cookies are loaded with chocolate and oats and they're super easy to make!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Gold Medal Enriched Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
In a bowl of a stand mixer, combined butte, egg, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy and combined.
Add in old-fashioned oats and combined well.
Mix in Gold Medal Enriched Flour and baking soda into the mixture and stir until no lumps of flour is left.
Fold in chocolate chips and make sure they're evenly distributed.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheet and leave 2 inch space between them.
Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes.
Take the cookies out of the oven, they will be puffy and very soft on the outside. Let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies add 1/2 cup raisins to the dough and use 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- To make oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies add 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut to the dough at the very end.
- For oatmeal raisin cookies use 1 1/4 cup raisins instead of chocolate chips.
- You can make the dough and refrigerate the day before. When ready to bake, place the bowl on a counter top and let it sit for 30 minutes.