Easy Coconut Banana Bread
An easy-to-make, quick banana bread that is packed with banana and coconut flavor! This coconut banana bread is perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning or as a midday snack!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Del Monte Fresh bananas ripened and mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes, until the sugar in completely mixed with the oil.
Add in the eggs and whisk well to combine.
Add in vanilla, mashed bananas and sour cream. Mix well to combine.
Mix in the dry ingredients. Stir until no lumps of flour is visible.
Stir in shredded coconut and chopped walnut. Transfer the batter to the prepared 9x5 loaf.
Top with more shredded coconut and chopped walnuts.
Bake in the oven for about 45 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the banana bread comes out clean.
Let the coconut banana bread cool completely before slicing.
- Add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for banana coconut chocolate chip bread.
- To make toasted coconut banana bread, toast the shredded coconut in a pan over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes before adding them to the batter.
- As always, to have the maximum banana flavor in the banana bread, use ripe bananas. The darker the bananas, the more flavor the quick bread will have.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing it so you can have clean slices.
- If you're allergic to nuts or prefer to not have walnuts in banana bread, simply leave them out.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg