Easy Chicken Lentil Soup Recipe
An easy chicken lentil recipe that's packed with Mediterranean flavors. Made with simple and fresh ingredients, this homemade chicken and lentil soup is the perfect dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 white onin chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken stock homemade or store-bought
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute chopped onion and minced garlic until golden.
Add in diced carrots and celery. Cook for two minutes.
Add in chicken pieces and all the spices. Stir well and cook until the chicken is lightly brown.
Add in the lentils and salt. Stir and cook for a minute.
Add chicken stock and water. Stir well and bring the lentil soup to simmer.
Cover and slowly simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken and lentils are fully cooked.
Adjust the salt, and add lemon juice and fresh dill to the soup.
lentil soup in instant pot
- Saute onion and garlic in the instant pot using the saute function.
- Add in carrots and celery and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chicken and spices, cook for a few minutes and then add the lentils.
- Fill the instant pot with 2 cups chicken broth and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Seal and lock the lid, press the pressure cook function and set the timer for 18 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
lentil soup in crock pot
- Start by sauteing garlic, onion, celery and carrots in a pan.
- Saute chicken and spices with the vegetables.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to the slow cooker and add the lentils.
- Pour in 2 cups chicken stock and 2 cups water.
- Cook on low for 5 hours and serve warm.