Mediterranean Potato Salad
Mediterranean potato salad is so easy and simple. It's made with only a few ingredients and is packed with flavor thanks to a homemade zaatar dressing.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lb baby potatoes
- 1 red onion finely diced
- ½ cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon zaatar
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lemons juice of
Wash the baby potatoes and cut the in half. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring them to boil.
Boil the potatoes until fork tender but not mushy. This will take about 10 minutes once they start boiling. Make sure the potatoes are fully cooked but they're not falling apart.
Drain the potatoes and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and leave them to cool.
Once cool, add chopped onion, dill and parsley to the bowl and mix well.
Mix zaatar, olive oil, minced garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and add it to the potato salad. Mix well.
Taste and add more salt if needed.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
- It's important to use red onions in this potato salad recipe. Red onions add so much flavor to salads and are not as strong as white or yellow onions.
- If you don't have fresh dill, use on tablespoon dried dill weeds in this salad.
- Taste the salad as you go, if it needs more salt, add a pinch and mix well to incorporate flavors.
- The zaatar dressing for this salad is so tasty and easy to make. You can make it ahead of time and use when needed.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 562IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg