Cacik Turkish Yogurt and Cucumber
Cacik is a Turkish yogurt and cucumber dish that's ready in 15 minutes and is so easy to make. You can serve it as an appetizer or side dish.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 4 Persian cucumbers or mini cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Whisk the yogurt in a large bowl to make sure it's smooth. Add water to the yogurt and whisk until it's completely incorporated.
Grate the cucumbers in another bowl and if they're too watery, squeeze out the excess water. If they're not too watery, add the directly to the yogurt and water.
Mix well and add garlic, salt and dried mint. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Chill cacik yogurt and cucumber in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
To serve, divide it between 4 bowls and top each with a little bit of olive oil.
- Use mini or Persian cucumbers for this recipe because they have very small seeds. English cucumber has bigger seeds which would change the texture and flavor.
- If you would like to have a thicker cacik, leave out the water.
- You can store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Give it a nice stir before serving.
- You can use non dairy yogurt for this recipe as long as it's not flavored.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1mg