Turkish Zucchini Fritters Recipe Mucver
Mucver or zucchini fritters is a classic Turkish dish that's ready in 30 minutes. This recipe calls for fresh zucchini and herbs and it's very simple to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 zucchinis peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 green onions chopped
- ¾ cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon olive oil divided
Grate the zucchinis in a large bowl and squeeze them very hard. Discard all the excess liquid.
Mix in the eggs, flour, green onions, dill and parsley.
Add in the spices and mix well.
Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium heat, pour 2 tablespoon of the batter into the pan and fry for about 5 minutes on one side. Flip and fry for 3 minutes on the other side.
Try the fritter to make sure it has the right amount of spices. If so, proceed with the remaining batter. Add more olive oil if needed.
Serve with plain or garlic yogurt on the side and some bread.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the pan. It's important to give the fritters enough space to fry and also be able to flip them.
- Make sure you squeeze the shredded zucchinis hard and discard the excess water to keep the fritters intact and crispy.
- Some Turkish recipes call for 1 grated carrot as well. You can add the grated carrot to the grated zucchini and squeeze all to make sure no excess liquid is left.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, heat a pan over medium heat and pour one teaspoon vegetable or olive oil in the pan, sear the fritters on both sides until heated through.
- To bake these fritters, make the batter as instructed and preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray and transfer the batter to the pan. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes until fully cooked. Let in cool at room temperature then slice it into squares.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 570mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1935IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg