Healthy Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
Ditch the mayonnaise and try this Mediterranean tuna salad. This no mayo tuna salad is packed with delicious ingredients like artichokes and herbs.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cans tuna drained
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives halved
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/3 cup mint chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Aleppo pepper
Place the tuna in a large bowl and using a fork, break the chunks into small pieces.
Add artichokes, Kalamata olives, red onion, roasted red pepper, capers, dill, mint and green onions to the tuna.
Mix all the ingredients well using a large spoon. Drizzle the lemon garlic vinaigrette over the tuna salad and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Lemon garlic vinaigrette
Mix lemon juice, oregano, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a jar or a bowl the drizzle it over the tuna salad.
- You can serve this Mediterranean tuna salad as a dip with pita chips, as a wrap with pita bread or lavash bread. If you're going low carb, you can make tuna salad lettuce wraps using butter lettuce.
- Olive oil-packed tuna carries more flavor therefore it works well in this salad. You can also use water-packed tuna.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.