Best Caprese Pizza Recipe (Video)
Caprese pizza is an easy dinner ready in 30 minutes. Made with homemade basil oil, tomatoes and mozzarella, this pizza is a crowd pleaser. Watch the video for a complete tutorial.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 lb pizza dough store bought or homemade (see notes)
- ¼ cup Basil oil see notes
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 8 oz mozzarella sliced or shredded
- 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat the pizza pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
Roll out the pizza dough and place it on the pizza pan. Brush the dough with basil oil.
Top the dough with tomato and mozzarella slices.
Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until the dough is cooked and the cheese is melted.
Drizzle some balsamic glaze on the pizza, slice and serve immediately.
- If using refrigerated pizza dough, bring it to room temperature before rolling it out.
- Use this recipe to make homemade basil oil. You can also use pesto.
- You can add grilled chicken to this pizza to make it a complete meal.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 2mg