Quick Caprese Chicken Recipe
Easy caprese chicken recipe that's ready in only 30 minutes. Made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto, this is a delicious easy weeknight dinner. Learn how to make this easy chicken recipe at home with our video and step-by-step tutorial.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon pesto Homemade or store bought
- 8 slices mozzarella
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves
Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Pat dry on both sides and season with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side.
Just before the chicken is fully cooked, spread the pesto on top of each chicken breast. Top with mozzarella slices and tomatoes. Cover and cook for about two minutes until the cheese is melted.
Top with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
- If desired, drizzle the caprese chicken breasts with balsamic glaze. You can find balsamic glaze at the supermarket in the oil and vinegar aisle or make it at home.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
- Make sure all the chicken breast pieces are the same size. To slice the chicken breast horizontally, you will need a sharp knife. Keep the non-cutting hand on top of the breast while cutting the chicken.
- Pat dry the chicken breast very well before seasoning. This will help you avoid oil splashing when searing the chicken.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces. It usually takes about four to five minutes to cook the chicken on each side.
- You can use sliced cherry tomatoes instead of plum and shredded mozzarella instead of slices for this recipe as well.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 327mg | Iron: 1mg