Caprese Skewers Appetizer
These caprese skewers are super easy and perfect for entertaining. Made with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, this appetizer is crowd pleasing and tasty.
Servings: 6 servings
- 36 cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices mozzarella or 24 mozzarella balls
- 24 basil leaves
- 6 tbsp balsamic glaze optional
- 4 tbsp basil oil optional
Wash and dry the tomatoes and basil leaves.
Cut the mozzarella slices into quarters.
Thread a cherry tomato on the skewer. Place the mozzarella in the middle of the basil leaf and thread on the skewers.
Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
Place the skewers on a plate or wooden board and serve with balsamic reduction or basil oil.
- You can make these appetizer skewers up to 12 hours in advance. Place them on a plate, wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- You can use other ingredients such as salami, grilled chicken and cubed bread on the skewers as well.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 1mg