How To Make Nicoise Salad
Nicoise salad is a French salad that's made with fresh vegetables, hard boiled eggs and tuna. This salad is ready in 30 minutes and you can serve this salad as a light lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 8 oz green beans
- 4 large hard boiled eggs
- 1 head lettuce washed and chopped
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil drained
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup nicoise olives or kalamata olives
- 2 roma tomatoes cut into large pieces
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Cook the potatoes: Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside.
Cook the green beans: While the potatoes are cooking, fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and bring it to boil. Cook the green beans for 5 minutes. Take them out of the boiling water and place them immediately in a bowl filled with ice water. This would help the green beans to keep their color. Drain and set aside.
Assemble: Place the lettuce in a large plate or a shallow bowl. Place chunks of tuna in the middle and arrange the bell pepper slices, olives, tomatoes, shallot, cooked potatoes and green beans on the salad.
- This is a tuna nicoise salad, however, you can also made a salmon nicoise salad by swapping tuna for salmon. You can use this baked salmon recipe.
- I used boiled potatoes for this salad but you can also roast the potatoes in the oven and add them to the salad.
- You can add other vegetables to this salad such as capers, corn, beans, or radishes.
- In addition to lettuce, you can use other salad greens such as spinach and arugula.
- The leftovers should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 202mg | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 1040mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2250IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 6mg