Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
This instant pot chicken breast recipe uses Mediterranean spices and gives you juicy and tender chicken breast every time. It’s simple, easy and quick!
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast 2 to 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
Mix onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
Pat dry the chicken on both sides. Rub the spice mix on both sides of the chicken breast.
Press the "saute" function on the instant pot and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer them to a plate.
Add the chicken stock to the instant pot and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
Place the trivet in the instant pot and place the chicken breasts on the trivet.
Lock the lid and make sure the valve is on "sealing". Press the "pressure cook" button and make sure it's on "high".
Set the timer for 6 minutes on instant pot. It will take about 5-10 minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure.
Once the cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Then turn the valve to "venting" and do a quick pressure release.
Open the lid and serve with your favorite sides.
- Serving suggestions:
- If using bone-in chicken breast, The cooking time will change and instead of 6 minutes of high pressure cooking, it will be 8 minutes plus 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Can I make this with frozen chicken? Since the recipe calls for seasoning and searing the chicken on both sides, this recipe cannot be made with frozen chicken. If you have frozen chicken, let it thaw completely before using it in the recipe.
- Make sure not to overcook the chicken. 6 minutes in enough for a regular sized chicken breast.
- Like your chicken spicy? Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper to your spice mix.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1009mg | Potassium: 641mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 224IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg