Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe (5 minutes!)
This easy blistered shishito peppers recipe is so easy to make. These little mild peppers are perfect to snack on as an appetizer. Make sure your skillet is hot to have the perfect char on each pepper.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb shishito peppers see notes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon juice of
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Place the peppers in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and salt.
Toss the peppers until they're coated with olive oil.
Place them in the hot skillet and saute until they blister on the skin and get charred.
Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- You can use Spanish Pimiento de Padron for this recipe. The flavors are very similar.
- In a bowl, toss them with one tablespoon of olive oil and some salt.
- Place them on the hot grill and start grilling.
- Once one side is charred, flip and char the other side.
- Roasting instructions:
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the shishito peppers with two tablespoons of olive oil and some salt.
- Transfer them to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Stir the peppers halfway through cooking so they get roasted on all sides.
- You can serve blistered shishito peppers as part of an appetizer spread with the following items:
- You can find shishito peppers in almost any supermarket including Trader Joe’s and Costco.
- Toss the peppers in olive oil rather than sauteing them in oil. This would help with the skin being all charred since shishitos have irregular shapes.
- Don’t overcook shishito peppers: Cook these peppers until they are charred and blistered on all sides. Overcooking them might make them bitter.
- Leave enough room in the pan: Fight the temptation of filling the pan with shishito peppers. It’s important to leave enough room in the pan to be able to stir and move the peppers around.
- Got leftovers? These peppers are best served right away. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can heat them in a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg