Spanish Garlic Shrimp Recipe (Gambas Al Ajillo)
This easy garlic shrimp (gambas al ajillo) is a classic Spanish tapas. Delicious shrimp cooked in olive oil with a lot of garlic, it can’t get any better!
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon juice of
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes and sliced garlic. Saute until the garlic is fragrant.
Toss shrimp with salt and add it to the garlic. Sear for a few minutes until cooked and no longer pink.
Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp: Shrimp doesn’t need much time to cook. It’s ready to serve when it’s no longer pink and is opaque.
- Leftovers: This dish is best served fresh, however, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Be prepared: Have all the ingredients on hand before you start cooking since shrimp cooks quickly. Start cooking this dish a few minutes before you’re ready to eat.
- Dunk the bread: That garlicky spicy olive oil in the pan is gold! Dunk your bread in to enjoy all the flavors!
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1185mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 569IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg