Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Roasted cauliflower salad with Mediterranean spices is the perfect side dish. It has bright colors and flavors, thanks to fresh vegetables and a zesty lemon yogurt dressing.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
Roasted cauliflower salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower sliced vertically
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas canned or homemade
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup olives green and black, chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
Lemon yogurt dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
In a small bowl, mix cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cardamom, Aleppo pepper and olive oil.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place the cauliflower pieces on the baking sheet and spread half of the spice mixture on them. Flip and spread the rest on the other side. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Flip halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
Place roasted cauliflower on a platter and arrange the chickpeas, green onions, cilantro, dill, hard boiled eggs, olives and red onion on the salad. Heat a pan over medium heat and toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes until golden on all sides. Add them to the salad.
Mix yogurt, lemon juice, salt, paprika, thyme and olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad.
- To keep the cauliflower crispy and juicy, it’s best to roast it at 400°F or 425°F.
- It’s important to stir the cauliflower halfway through roasting to make sure it’s crisping on all sides.
- To have nicely cooked cauliflower, make sure they’re in a single layer and not overlapping. Also, it’s best not to overcrowd the pan, same as we do to make Mediterranean roasted vegetables.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg