Grilled Zaatar Chicken Recipe
Grilled zaatar chicken is juicy and delicious. The key to this recipe is a simple marinade of zaatar and citrus.
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juice of
- ¼ cup zaatar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Yogurt Herb Sauce
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
Cut a few small slits on each chicken thigh and set aside. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, zaatar and salt. Place the chicken in the marinade and make sure all pieces are coated with the zaatar and olive oil mixture. Marinade for at least one hour up to six hours.
When ready to grill, preheat the grill to 400°F and clean the grates. Using tongs and an oiled kitchen paper towel, grease the grates.
Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Grill for about 6 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for another 6 to 7 minutes on the other side until the chicken is fully cooked.
Mix yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, tahini, parsley and cilantro in a bowl and serve with grilled zaatar chicken.
- To make the yogurt sauce, you can use Greek yogurt or any other plain yogurt.
- If you don't have cilantro, use any other fresh herb you have on hand.
- The chicken is fully cooked when it's firm and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers at 165°F.
- I prefer using boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, however, boneless skinless chicken breast works too.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 958IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 380mg | Iron: 20mg