Frangipane Pear Galette Recipe
Here's a delicious pear galette flavored with almonds. The flaky crust is filled with creamy almond paste and topped with pear. It's so tasty!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Blue Diamond® Almond Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 pie crust homemade or store-bought
- 2 large pears thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl mix melted butter, sugar, almond flour, one egg, vanilla extract and all purpose flour. Set aside.
Roll out the pie crust and spoon out the frangipane mixture onto the crust, leaving 2-3 inches border on all sides.
Place the pear slices on the frangipane and make sure they're close to each other. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the pears.
Fold the edges over the filling, overlapping the dough as necessary.
Crack the remaining one egg in a small bowl and beat to combine. Brush it on the crust.
Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the curst is golden and flaky.
Cool for 10 minutes and then slice. Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Galette is meant to be rustic and imperfect, you don't need to fold the edges all symmetrical and perfect.
- Top the crust with sliced almonds for more crunch.
- Oven temperatures vary, therefore keep a close-eye on the galette after 25 minutes. It's ready when the crust is golden and flaky.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg