Mediterranean Style Shrimp Recipe
This Mediterranean style shrimp recipe is bursting with vibrant flavors. Large shrimp marinated with spices, garlic and olive oil, then cooked in a delicious tomato and pepper sauce results in one of the tastiest 20-minute dinners you'll ever find!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lemon juice of
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion sliced
- 8 mini peppers sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large tomatoes cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup water
Place the shrimp in a bowl. Add in the salt, pepper, allspice, oregano, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix and let it sit as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion in the olive oil until it's lightly golden, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add in the sliced pepper and garlic. Add the cumin, coriander and nutmeg. Sauté to soften the peppers, this would take about 5 minutes.
Add in the shrimp and the tomatoes followed by the water (you might need less than ⅓ cup water if your tomatoes are juicy). Lower the heat to medium low. Cook until the shrimp is pink and the tomatoes are soft.
Serve warm with your favorite side dish.
- You can serve this dish with the following side dishes:
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. REheat in a pan over medium or medium low heat.
- It's best to use large or extra large shrimp since it shrinks a bit when cooked.
- You can use tail-on or tail-off shrimp for this recipe.
- Cast iron skillet works best when it comes to dishes like this, but stainless steel or a quality nonstick pan would also work.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2533IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg