50+ Best Chicken Recipes For Dinner
Looking for easy chicken dinner ideas? Here are 50+ chicken recipes for dinner that are easy, delicious and healthy. From quick chicken recipes that are ready in 30 minutes to sheet pan chicken and skillet chicken recipes to one pot chicken and rice to classic Mediterranean chicken recipes, there is a little something for everyone. Here is a recipe for Caprese stuffed chicken breast. Check out all the other recipes above.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 8 slices melting cheese fontinella or mozzarella
- 4 slices tomatoes cut in half
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut each chicken breast lengthwise to make a pocket, make sure not to slice it all the way through.
In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Brush this mixture inside and outside of the chicken breasts.
Spread pesto inside the chicken breasts and fill with basil, tomato and the cheese slices. Seal each chicken breast using toothpicks.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and let the chicken cook for another 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and let the chicken cook for another 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
Meanwhile, mix balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce balsamic vinegar until you have a semi-thick sauce.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, drizzle with sauce and serve warm.
Store the leftovers:
Place the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in a pan or saucepan over medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
These dishes are freezer friendly and can be frozen for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat over medium heat.
Here are a few side dishes that go well with these chicken dinners:
- If the chicken breast is too thick, pound it a few times before cutting it through.
- Make sure you properly seal the open end of the cheese stuffed chicken as they contain cheese.
- Bread: lavash, pita, pide and naan.
- Potatoes: Greek potatoes, Greek baked fries, oven roasted potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes.
- Vegetables: Mediterranean roasted vegetables, grilled vegetables, Briam (Greek roasted vegetables).
- Rice: Greek lemon rice, instant pot white rice, instant pot brown rice, tomato rice, dill rice, Persian rice and tahdig, Turkish rice pilaf with orzo, Lebanese rice with vermicelli.
- Salads: Mediterranean salad, Greek salad, caprese salad, Mediterranean potato salad, cucumber tomato avocado salad.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 926mg | Potassium: 985mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 572IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg