60+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes
Here is a collection of our top vegetarian recipes. You can find all our readers' favorites here, from breakfast to appetizers and vegetarian dinner ideas, we've got them all. These are healthy and delicious dishes that are so easy to make, and many of them are plant-based recipes. Here is a recipe for fried potatoes and onion, Persian style. Check out all the other recipes above.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 russet potatoes washed and peeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 yellow onions chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Bring a pot of water to boil. Cut the potatoes into ½ inch chunks and add them to the boiling water. Cook for 5-10 minutes until they're almost cooked. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onion in olive oil until golden brown.
Add in the tomato paste and spices. Mix to combine. Add in the potatoes and stir well. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- You can serve fried potatoes and onion with bread such as barbari. This dish would also go well with cold side dishes like salad shirazi (Persian cucumber tomato salad) and mast o khiar (Persian yogurt and cucumber).
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan over medium low heat.
- To make this dish spicy, add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper with the rest of the spices.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 1310mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 131IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg