Creamy Spinach Pesto Pasta
This spinach pesto pasta is creamy and rich, plus it's loaded with vegetables. Easy to make and ready in 30 minutes, this vegetarian pasta is both healthy and delicious.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 zucchini cut into chunks, about 2 cups
- 1 lb spinach
- 9 oz linguine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno deseeded
- 2 cups parsley
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup parmesan
Heat 2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the zucchini until golden. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted, 5-10 minutes. Turn the heat off and set it aside.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain but save 1 to 2 cups of the pasta water.
Place the zucchini and spinach in the blender. Add the garlic cloves, jalapeno, parsley, basil, walnuts, the rest of the olive oil and parmesan. Blend until creamy and fully mixed.
Pour the spinach pesto sauce into the pan and turn the heat on to medium. If the sauce is too thick, add ½ cup pasta water to it.
Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Serve warm.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To reheat, place the pasta in a pan and add ⅓ cup water. Turn on the heat to medium low and it should be ready in 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you're not a fan of jalapenos, leave them out.
- You can use various kinds of nuts such as cashews, almonds, pine nuts and pecans in this recipe.
- You can also use pecorino instead of parmesan.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9142IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 5mg