Baked Salmon Fillet with Lemon
Here is an easy baked salmon fillet recipe. Tender and flavorful salmon fillet are baked on a sheet pan and served with a delicious arugula avocado salad.
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 2 fennels sliced
Arugula Avocado Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- ½ shallot diced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 F / 204C. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat it with cooking spray.
Mix lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Put the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and brush the fillets with the olive oil lemon mixture.
Place the halved potatoes and sliced arugula in a large bowl and mix with the remaining olive oil lemon juice mixture. Spread them around the salmon fillets.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
In a bowl, toss arugula, tomatoes, cucumber and diced avocado.
Mix diced shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and spices. Pour the dressing on the salad.
Toss the salad with the dressing.
serve with baked salmon fillets.
- Always make sure not to over bake salmon. You want to salmon to be flaky but not dry. Perfectly cooked salmon has a smooth texture.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container (preferably glass) and refrigerate for up to two days.
- You can use other vegetables instead of potatoes and fennel to make this easy salmon dinner. I suggest broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onions.
- A little garish can go a long way. You can use chopped parsley, basil, cilantro or dill.
- For best flavor, use extra virgin olive oil to bake salmon and the vegetables.