Easy Ratatouille Recipe
Ratatouille is a hearty and healthy French dish that's packed with flavor. This ratatouille recipe is made with hearty summer vegetables that you may already have on hand.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Italian eggplants peeled and cubed
- 2 zucchinis cubed
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Saute onion and garlic until translucent and golden.
Add in the eggplant and cook for a few minutes until it's soft and brown.
Add in zucchini and peppers. Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
Add in tomatoes, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Put on the lid and cook for about 30 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked completely.
Top with chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Italian eggplants work very well for this recipe as they're usually small and less spongy than other types of eggplant.
- You can also use yellow squash instead of or in addition to zucchini.
- The most common herbs to use in ratatouille recipe are basil, thyme and parsley. You can use either or all of these herbs. I love topping ratatouille with some freshly chopped parsley.
- When it comes to chopping vegetables for ratatouille, you preference comes first. You can have the vegetables in bigger chunks, or dice them into small chunks.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 1099mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2309IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg