Greek Chickpea Salad
Ready in 10 minutes, this Greek chickpea salad is the perfect lunch or dinner for weekdays. You only need a few ingredients to make this hearty and healthy salad.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 can chickpea 15 oz, drained
- 2 Persian cucumber or ½ English cucumber
- 1 small red onion or ½ large one
- ½ cup green olives pitted
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cut the cucumbers into small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
Dice the red onion and mix it with the cucumber.
Add the chickpeas, olives and feta cheese to the cucumbers and onion. Stir and combine.
Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, thyme, garlic and salt in a small bowl or a mason jar.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving.
- You can make this salad a day in advance without the feta and reserve the dressing in a jar. Once you're ready to serve, toss the salad with feta and the dressing and serve immediately.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- To cook the chickpeas from scratch, soak them in water for 8 hours up to overnight. Drain the water and transfer the chickpeas to a pot. Cover with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to simmer and cover. Cook for 45 minutes or until they're soft and edible.
- You can add other ingredients such as grilled chicken, red bell pepper or broccoli to the salad for more flavor.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg