Nan Panjereh - Persian Rosettes
Nan Panjereh - Persian Rosettes is a traditional Persian cookie that is crisp and light. Once you find the technique, it is easy and fun to make!
Servings: 30 cookies
- ⅓ cup wheat starch
- 4 tablespoon rose water
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup AP flour
- Oil for frying
Mix wheat starch and rose water in a bowl until forms a paste.
Add eggs and beat until fully combined.
Add flour and mix until smooth.
Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a sauce pan or a deep pan until bubbles form around a toothpick touching the bottom of the pan.
Heat rosette iron by letting it stay in hot oil for 10-15 seconds.
Lift the iron, shake off the excess oil and immediately dip it into batter just that the edge of the iron is even with the surface of the batter. Then dip the iron into hot oil. Let the rosettes puff and then take the iron out of oil.
Fry each side of cookies for 30 seconds until golden brown. Take the cookie out and place it on a paper towel.
Repeat steps 6,7 and 8 with the remaining batter.
Dust some powdered sugar on top of cookies before serving.
- Check out this video to see how to make Persian rosettes.
- Stir the batter every 5-6 minutes in order to make sure it's smooth.
- There could be a couple of reasons for soggy rosettes. The batter could be thick which in that case, you can dilute it with some water (add one teaspoon at a time). If the rosette cookies are soggy, simply place them on a baking sheet and place them in a 350F oven for 5-10 minutes until they're crisp again.
- Storage: Keep the rosettes in a container in a cool and dry place and they'll keep for two day.
- To avoid the batter sticking to the iron, make sure the iron is hot enough and that you've shaken off the excess oil before submerging the iron into the batter. Also, pay attention not to have batter on top of the iron.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg