Cranberry White Chocolate Scones
Ready in 30 minutes, cranberry white chocolate scones make the perfect holiday breakfast. They're flaky, buttery and so delicious thanks to fresh cranberries and sweet white chocolate. Follow the instructions to make these wonderful treats!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter Cold (refrigerated)
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Cut the butter into small cubes, add it to the dry ingredients and rub it into the flour mixture using a fork or your fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix the egg, yogurt and vanilla extract.
Add the egg mixture to the flour and butter mixture. Stir using a wooden spoon until everything is just combined. Don't over mix.
Add in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Mix using a wooden spoon to form a dough.
Place the dough on the baking sheet, shape the dough into a 1 ½ inch thick disk and cut into 8 wedges. Make some space between the wedges as they tend to spread a little bit while cooking. You can also separate them completely and set them on the baking sheet.
Sprinkle some granulated sugar on the scones and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden on top.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make sure the butter is completely chilled in the fridge before you start making the scones.
- You can add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the dough if desired.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Scones also stay fresh for up to 2 days at room temperature if stored in an airtight container and kept in a cool, dry place.
- Prepare the dough in advance: Make the dough and shape it into a disk. Wrap it tightly in saran wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To bake, slice the dough and follow the instructions.
- Freeze the dough: You can also slice the dough and place the baking sheet in the freezer for the dough pieces to freeze and get solid. Then place them in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months. To bake, place the frozen scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until fully golden.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 398IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg