Sausage Gnocchi Soup
Sausage gnocchi soup is easy and ready in 30 minutes. It's perfect for a quick weeknight dinner that's hearty and simple.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 14 oz. Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 lb White button Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 15 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 lb Gnocchi Uncooked
Heat the olive oil in a large pot (preferably a Dutch oven) over medium heat.
Once the olive oil is warm and shimmery, saute onion until golden and translucent.
Add in garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
Add in sweet Italian chicken sausage and break it into small pieces as you're cooking it. Stir and cooked until it's browned.
Add in sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms release their juice.
Next, add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, mix well so everything is incorporated.
Season with salt and oregano.
Add in water, bring to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add in baby spinach and cook for 5 minutes until they start wilting.
Add in gnocchi and cook for three minutes until they start floating.
- You can use chopped kale instead of spinach and add more vegetables such as bell pepper and zucchini.
- Instead of chicken sausage use chicken breast or ground beef.
- For a low carb version use cauliflower gnocchi.
- Make sure not to overcook the gnocchi as it might become gummy.
- For a vegetarian version leave out the sausage and chicken stock and use more vegetables and vegetable stock instead.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can also freeze gnocchi soup for up to 3 months.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 927mg | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1213IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 5mg