Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad
This easy shrimp pasta salad is packed with so much flavor. Learn how to make the best shrimp macaroni salad that will rock your parties and potlucks.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cup macaroni or small pasta uncooked
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup scallions chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup dill pickles diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise more if needed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Cook macaroni according to the packaging and set aside to cool completely.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Cook shrimp in the pan until pink and fully cooked. Set aside.
Once the pasta and shrimp are both cold, place them in a large bowl. Add in scallions, parsley, dill and dill pickles to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
Add in mayonnaise and sour cream to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir and mix well until all are combined and then cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- If you don't have fresh dill, use 1 tablespoon dried dill.
- It's best to cook the shrimp at home for this recipe so you can add all the seasoning you need. However, pre-cooked shrimp would work if you're in a pinch.
- You can make this shrimp past salad up to one day in advance.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- For other variations of this salad use red onion, bell peppers or celery.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 1297mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1284IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg