Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Sheet pan Mediterranean chicken recipe ready in 30 minutes. Juicy chicken is flavored with spices and roasted with vegetables makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 gold potatoes cut into quarters
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup olives green and kalamata, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon sliced
- ½ cup parsley chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with non stick spray.
Place the chicken breasts and potatoes in a large bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, dried minced onion and lemon juice to the chicken and potatoes. Stir well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the baking sheet. Add tomatoes and olives to the sheet pan. Top the chicken breasts with a slice of lemon and capers.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken breasts' temperature registers at 165F.
Top with parsley and serve immediately.
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs or bone-in skin-on chicken thighs as well. Cooking time may vary.
- It's possible to use any kind of potatoes you prefer including baby potatoes, russet or red potatoes.
- If you have the time, marinade the chicken separately for one to 8 hours in the fridge. If doing so, save some of the olive oil and spice mixture to mix with the potatoes before you're ready to bake.
- You can add other vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini or carrots to the sheet pan as well.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To serve, place the leftovers in a pan and reheat over medium heat or in the oven until warm.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 1116mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 892IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg